If you encounter an illegal speed limit sign and wish to register a complaint directly with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, MassDOT is supposed to be the place to go.  They have the authority to order a city or town to remove an illegal speed limit sign.  So please go ahead and contact MassDOT.